Although originally incorporated in 1953 as the Independent Fundamental Baptist Church by a group of three families who held Bible meetings in a two-story home, in 1956 the name changed to Smithfield Community Bible Church and moved to a small building on the corner of Juniata Avenue and Ninth Street in Smithfield township. Due to outgrowing the smaller building they were congregating in, on June 4, 1966, ground was broken for a church to be built on that same lot directly in front of the smaller building, which later became the youth activity center. It was finished in September of that same year. Steve Crile and his wife, Dian, came to Huntingdon in November of 1964, after being called here to help the church continue to grow. On January 1, 1969, he began a full-time Pastoral position. In December of 1971, the congregation had a desire to move to the second floor of the old Junior High School Building in Huntingdon Borough because they were again outgrowing their location. In 1972 the church's name was changed to it's current name, Emmanuel Bible Church, due to the prospect of building a new, larger facility outside of Smithfield township. The current church building, where services are still being held, was established in 1974 and is located at 9945 Emmanuel Drive, Huntingdon, PA 16652. Pastor Gregory L. Harven came to accept a full-time Pastoral position with his late wife, Kim, in 1994, where he is still the Pastor today.